The highest point near the city of Almaty where it is possible to reach on any car today. On the pass Jusaly-Kezen at the height of 3340 meters Cosmostation is above sea level located. From the pass the beautiful view of the gorge Through passage until the end of the valley and also on the gorge Lake with the Big Almaty Lake (BAL) opens. Cosmostation is in 30 kilometers from crossing of streets of Navoiy / Al-farabi on the asphalted road. Even in winter season above BAO clean the road since here a border area. By the way, frontier guards let not all and not always, demand identity documents. From the pass Dzhusaly-Kezen it is possible to make a hayking on the Big Almaty Peak (BAP) 3681 m high and also on peak the Tourist (3954 m). It is better to make these ascensions from May to October since routes stony and snow-covered, it is possible to fail and break a leg easily.
To get on Cosmostation, it is necessary to go from crossing of streets Al-farabi and Navoiy up, I pass a post of police, having passed a dam of the Big Almaty gorge. Further after a dam you will see an ecological post — here it is necessary to pay 426 KZT from the person irrespective of you drive the car or the shuttle bus. After an ecopost it is necessary to pass directly on the road passing the restaurants and cafes which are on the left side. As soon as reached to the Fork (GES-2), it is necessary to turn to the left gorge (Big Almaty) — on the Fork you will see the spring with a deer. On the asphalted road it is necessary to move to GES-1 (the beginning of a pipe), further having moved through the bridge on the left, you continue to climb the serpentine of the road on the left side of the gorge, the road here quite dangerous, is risk of falling of stones from rocks on the road. You pass on the bridge through the Kumbelsu River, you continue to go on the road to BAL. Above BALshould climb the serpentine to Kosmostantion. Total length of a route from Al-farabi to Kosmostantion — about 40 km.
From Cosmostation the shortest route to the Lake Issyk Kul lies, but under new laws crossing of border of Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan is authorized only in the equipped check points which are absent on border in mountains (the pass Lake, the pass of the Checkpoint).
Make request, and we will surely contact you!
07:00 – collecting at the central stadium
07:30 – departure by bus and/or the car towards BAL
08:40 – arrival to BAL (2550m), the beginning of rise
12:00 – arrival on Kosmostantion (3350m), a picnic, rest, photographing
13:00 - the beginning of descent on the way of rise
15:00 – arrival to BAL, departure in the city by bus and/or the car.
Number of participants: from 1 to 16 people
Season: May - October
Ascent: +800m (the 2550m-3350m)
Route: BAL - Cosmostation - descent on the way of rise
route Duration: 6-8 hours (depending on training of participants)
Distance of a pedestrian part: 16 km in both parties
* it is desirable to have footwear adapted for mountains, i.e. not getting wet and with a dense sole. As a last resort sneakers, gym shoes (for a winter season – winter boots);
* sports pants / jeans / shorts (for a winter season – jeans/trousers);
* dense socks (not to rub a callosity) (for a winter season – warm socks);
* a windbreaker (for a winter season – a down-padded coat / a warm jacket);
* a headdress (a warm season – a cap/hat, a winter season – a cap);
+ for a winter season:
* drawers or a layered clothing it (is desirable)
* trousers waterproof it (is desirable)
With yourself you can take:
* spare socks
* replaceable undershirt / t-shirt
* a thermos with tea
* 1 l. drinking water (on the road it will be possible to gather waters)
* sandwiches (bread/cheese/sausage)
* fresh vegetables / fruit
* boiled eggs, potatoes, salt
* chocolate bar
* nutlets/raisin/dried apricots
* spray from ticks
* cream from suntan
* anesthetics (from the head surely)
* medicine necessary for you (for example, from an allergy)
* vitamin C
48000 KZT for group of 1-4 people (services of the guide + a transfer are included)
For big groups the discount works
There were questions?
Write to us