The Big Almaty lake located in the gorge Lake is the ode from the most picturesque places to mountains of the city of Almaty. Height at which the lake — 2511 meters above sea level is located. Length of the lake reaches 1,6 km, width from 750 m to 1 km. BAL is the main source of drinking water for residents of Almaty.
The Go-to team offers a backpacking to the lake from GES-1 (the beginning of a pipe) along a pipe to the lake.
In a campaign you will be able to admire beautiful landscapes of the Big Almaty gorge, fir forests, and during a summer season to gather raspberry directly on the way to BAL.
The route belongs to the category of easy campaigns and won’t make big complexity for beginners (8 kilometers in both parties).
Make request, and we will surely contact you!
08:00 – collecting at the central stadium;
08:30 – departure by bus and/or the car towards GES-1;
09:20 – arrival on GES-1 (the beginning of a pipe) (1950m), the beginning of a route;
11:30 - arrival to BAL, a picnic, photographing, rest;
12:00-13:00 – descent on the way of rise;
14:30 – departure by bus and/or the car to the city.
Number of participants: from 3 people
Season: all the year round
Height differences: +600m (1950m-2550m).
Extent of a pedestrian part of a route: 8 km (in both parties).
* a windbreaker (for a winter season – a down-padded coat / a warm jacket)
* a headdress (a warm season – a cap/hat, a winter season – a cap)
+ for a winter season:
* drawers or a layered clothing it (is desirable)
With yourself you can take:
* a thermos with tea
* 1 l. drinking water (on the road it will be possible to gather waters)
* sandwiches (bread/cheese/sausage)
* fresh vegetables / fruit
* boiled eggs, potatoes, salt
* chocolate bar
* nutlets/raisin/dried apricots
* spray from ticks
* cream from suntan
* anesthetics (from the head surely)
* medicine necessary for you (for example, from an allergy)
* vitamin C
40000 KZT for the car (services of a transfer + services of the guide are included) - 1-4 people
For big groups the discount works
#gotomountains #mountainsalmaty #almatytour #bigalmatylake
There were questions?
Write to us